Monday, February 7, 2011

you're not in provo anymore

i'm feeling worldly.

two things:

(1) walls in paris apartment buildings are very thin. my neighbors have a very healthy sex life.

(2) pouring herself a glass of wine, my roommate says to me, "ceci est beaucoup moins nocif que le coca, tu sais," which being interpreted means, "this stuff is nowhere near as bad for your health as a coke."

i knowwww but, in the immortal words of my four-year-old mother, "coffee" - and tea, and alcohol - "kills mormons."

this is not provo.

but oh, am i so glad not to be there.

5 comments:

  1. I hope your roommate is right! I'm quite sure that she is. Xoxo auntie katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, rub it in.

    Oh, wait, I'm not there either? Then again, I'd almost rather be.

    Can I come to Paris? I'll sleep on the floor and I don't eat much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can we just turn your apartment into a hotel?

    or just an apartment where everyone sleeps on the floor in the same room?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come one, come all! And I've got a futon that easily sleeps two. As long as you don't mind getting a little cozy with me, you can share.

    ReplyDelete